Join our team! Sr. Manager Sales & Business Development
Company: Micreos Food Safety
Location: Atlanta, GA area preferred but negotiable
Posted: April 15, 2021
Micreos Food Safety is looking for a commercial entrepreneur with a strong technical background and with experience and existing relationships in the meat & poultry, seafood, produce or dairy industries. We seek the expansion of sustainable bacterio-phage business within the food industry and the expansion of phage application into new markets.
In this role you will report to the Vice President, North America. The vacancy is a full time position. The salary is market-based.
Start date: ASAP
Key responsibilities of the Senior Manager of Sales and Business Development involve:
- Achieve and exceed agreed sales targets
- Build and leverage relationships with key customers & decision makers to develop well thought out projects with a high chance of success
- Ensure first class and professional representation of Micreos
- Accountable for new business pipeline and maintaining appropriate levels of new customer leads
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders to achieve company objectives.
- Help to build value propositions for phage products
- Ensure that company leads are followed up in a timely manner
- Participate in protocol design, plant testing and training of customers on phage use
- Provide technical & sales support to business partners & distributors
- Attend and support trade shows and other business events
A more detailed description of the role is available from our Vice President, NAM Robin Peterson, telephone number 0770 664 0568 or email email@example.com
- Proven track record in technical sales in a B2B Food safety or ingredient environment with a minimum of 8 years experience
- Established personal network in medium and large food processing companies
- Experience in food safety and/or biotechnology a plus
- Ability to translate technology into application
- Experience in working in an international setting
- Ability and willingness to travel approximately 60% of the time
- Self-motivation, drive, resilience and tenacity in order to achieve and exceed agreed sales targets
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, with the ability to influence others, negotiate and build strong customer relationships
- Self starter with a go-get and can-do mentality
- Good sense of humor, great listener, cooperative and ability to build bridges
- Calm and well organized with the ability plan, multitask and prioritize
- Enthusiastic, pro-active, result oriented entrepreneur
- Experience of using Google platform, Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Teams
- Fluent in English
- Valid US driving license
Micreos, founded in 2005, is a Dutch biotechnology company, pioneer and market leader in the development of antibacterial phage technology. We are a people-oriented company and develop and produce our products in The Netherlands and work with customers in a collaborate fashion to help mitigate their food safety challenges.
As the leading player in Phage technology, Micreos has developed several first FDA- and USDA approved phage products against dangerous bacteria in the food chain, now marketed in many countries across the globe.